Fellow Loggies and Acquirers,
We will conduct our LOA-wide membership drive from 15 Sep – 15 Oct 2017. During this time, we encourage all chapters to focus on recruiting new members and renewing current memberships. Many members join LOA/AOA as a chance to make a difference and network with other logisticians. The membership drive is the perfect opportunity to capitalize on those benefits. This is an excellent time to help make your chapter stronger and to meet new logisticians, both DoD and industry.
There are many benefits to joining LOA/AOA. First and foremost, LOA/AOA provides a great opportunity to network with other logisticians and interact with senior logistics leaders. Throughout a logistician’s career this network of professional and technical experts will be there to help you solve tomorrow’s logistical problems.
Membership dues make it possible for LOA/AOA to provide the following benefits:
- Provides a network of like-minded members that can help facilitate learning, offer mentorship, and career counseling.
- Publishes the ER magazine to support chapter events.
- Provides ethical connection to industry partners in a way that is not possible through government sponsored events.
- Hosts Symposiums/Conferences that merge public and private efforts.
- Connects top-level logistics messages with those who may not otherwise be aware of current logistics issues.
- Sponsors scholarships and awards for deserving logistics personnel.
- Offers job search opportunities for members separating/transitioning/retiring.
Chapters that gain five or more first-time memberships during the month will qualify for the Chapter Rewards Program. Chapter Rewards checks will be handed out at LOA 2017.
We will also highlight the top 3 chapters in the ER, website and at the symposium who increase new members during the membership drive.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
JASON M. KALIN, Lt Col, USAF
National Membership Chair
Logistics Officer Association