We are now taking nominations for the annual Logistics Officer Association (LOA) Scholarship Program and our National Awards Program.
The Scholarship program is designed to promote education for junior enlisted, officers and civilians of the Armed Forces in the logistics and acquisition career fields. Please submit your Logistics Officer Association Scholarship nominees IAW the attached LOA Guidance-3 directly to VP@loanational.org no later than 31 October 2022. All submissions must be signed by the Commander and Chapter President.
Please submit your LOA Award nominees per the attached LOA-Guidance 5 directly to VP@loanational.org no later than 31 October 2022. Winners will be formally recognized during the 2023 LOA Symposium in St Louis, 28-31 March. Please note Chapter LOA membership and National Membership are not synonymous. This awards program is applicable to those that have paid National level LOA dues as of 30 Sept. Chapters may submit a package for the following categories of LOA National awards:
- Chapter of the Year Awards:
- Lt Gen Wetekam Chapter of the Year Award (Large Chapter)
- Mrs. Tune Chapter of the Year Award (Medium Chapter)
- Col Hass Chapter of the Year Award (Small Chapter)
- Gen Babbitt National Distinguished Service Awards (NDSA), up to 2 winners
- Maj Gen Saunders Chapter Distinguished Service Awards( CDSA), up to 3 winners
- Lt Gen Zettler Lifetime Achievement Awards, up to 4 winners
- Maj Gen Marcelite Harris Trailblazer Awards, 1 per category
- Maj Gen Hugh J. Knerr Exceptional Author Awards, 1 per category
A board will determine the scholarship nominees and award winners by early December and the LOA National Board will announce the winners before the start of the new year!
We know there are many deserving LOA members who’ve devoted countless volunteer hours to education, mentorship and enhancing our professional development mission. We invite you to recognize and share their story.
Finally, for chapter presidents, we definitely encourage you to continue to stay in touch with our LOA Ambassadors for information, guidance and mentoring. However, please know you also have a direct line to the LOA Executive Board. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time with questions, suggestions or feedback.
LOA Vice President